All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Political views from a first-time voter

So the FL Today Forum wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I took notes and really tried to pay attention so I wouldn't get lost in all the verbiage that politicians use. If you watch the FL Today video coverage, about a third of the way through there is a close-up of me beating my face with a pen!?

So after doing a little research, it turns out I live in County Commission District 4. The nominees for this year are Rep. Mary Bolin, Dem. Kendall Moore, and Lib. Ilene Davis. My immediate reaction was to go with Kendall Moore because he is only 35, and after hearing him speak, I think I will still stay with him. His family has been here for 4 generations! He knows this county inside and out, and he will probably lobby for us YP's in the area being as he is so young. Plus, he is a graduate of LEAD Brevard and is part of United Way, and both organizations have YP movements.

Something I am not sure of though, do I have to vote for every single position on my ballot, or can I just vote for commissioner, and then turn it in? Like, do I have to vote for judges and school board and such as well? Because that's a lot of research on my part! Ok, so I just did some surfing and I found a sample of what my Nov 7th Ballot will look like. It looks like I have my work cut out for me if I really want to read up on everyone! Fortunately, FL Today has a good jumping off point here.

I wish someone would just hold a politics 101 class or something because there are a ton of things I don't know, and don't know where to go to find the answers. I'm not even sure what a County Commissioner does!? How did everyone else gain this knowledge? I know they weren't born with it, so who told them what a commissioner does? Thank God for the web or I would be screwed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home