All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, October 16, 2006

uh, you work for tips, dude...

For Jill's Birthday on Friday, we ended up going to the wine tasting at Wine Styles in The Avenues. It was a nice mix of people. The wine was good and the food was nice. But the best part of the evening by far was the host...hubba, hubba! This guy was so good looking to me, that I really had to concentrate hard on not stumbling over my words when I was speaking to him. In fact, I think the only reason that I wasn't drooling on the carpet is that he married, which puts him into the untouchable category. I invited him (and, reluctantly, his wife) to the next ypB function at Pizza Gallery. I suppose it would be a blessing and a curse if he shows up...on one hand, I would get to see his gorgeous self again, but on the other, I would also probably psycho-stare at him so much that his wife would come over and bitch-slap me silly. (Oh, and BTW, for those of you that know my ex husband, I am fully aware of the semi-resemblance, ok).

After wine tasting, we headed next door to have a relaxing dinner at Pizza Gallery...or so we thought. We got the shittiest service that I have had in a very long time from our waiter. First off, the guy didn't even acknowledge we existed and then decided to help another couple that was seated 10 minutes after we were already seated! Then he spends 5 minutes answering all their dumb questions, and another 5 minutes ringing in their order! Finally he comes over to see us. At this point we are in no mood for idle chit chat, so we place our drink and our dinner order. He doesn't say a word and goes and rings it in. In the meantime, Jill opens up her presents. I got her a pedometer that calculates steps, distance, and calories, and a super absorbent, moisture wicking towel. Jenn got her a Stuff on My Cat daily calendar, and a great T-Shirt that says "I only date action heroes", and Nina got her a kit on how to make horoscopes. Our food finally arrives via a food runner, and everything looks great...except for Jenn's dinner. She ordered an eggplant parmesan small pizza, and she was served a chicken parmesan dinner. Not only was her food wrong, but the food runner then tried to convince her that that's what she ordered, and when that didn't work, he tried to convince her that's what she wanted! WTF!? Finally, he reluctantly took the food back and told our waiter to place the correct order. This prompted our waiter to come over and argue with Jenn about what she ordered. He actually said, "ya, you ordered the chicken parm dinner, don't you remember...I even asked you if you wanted the sandwich or the dinner?" We all responded with a resounding "No you didn't!" Seriously, he never asked her anything! He never apologized, and he argued with her! Look, shit happens. People misunderstand one another all the time. Orders get messed up all the time...it's not a big deal! But to treat us like we were in the wrong when he screwed up, and then act like we are a pain in his ass is unacceptable, and the complete opposite of what you are supposed to do! Of course, we spoke to the manager about everything. The manager was great, he offered Jill a piece of cheesecake, comped Jenn's pizza, and gave us all a free drink coupon. Finally, someone who knows about customer service!

On Saturday, Nina, Jenn, and I went shopping at Old Navy. They had these awesome hoodies for sale for only $6! So of course I got 4 since I am a hoodie-whore. Saturday night Jenn and I headed over to the King Center to see the Brevard Symphony Orchestra preform. But first, we hit the tail-gate party and had a hot dog, some shrimp, and a beer. There were a few yp's there, but not enough. The symphony itself was great. Not too long, not too short, and I really did enjoy myself! I will probably go back again for the right price. We got out around 10pm, and we thought the best way to top off a night a sophisticated culture was to hit up the Dog N Bone :P Lucky for us, there was a guy there, David, that sat down and bought our drinks. Sweet! He lives in Orlando, is going through a divorce, and is not terribly cute or exciting, but he was cool enough to hang out.

I decided not to go to church again this Sunday. This time I just didn't feel like going. For awhile, I used to get really excited about attending church, but this Sunday, I just wasn't feeling it. So instead of fighting it, I just went with the feeling. I don't feel guilty about it, so that's a good thing. I don't think your church, or its congregation should make you feel guilty for not attending. That's exactly what I got from the Catholic Church, and one of the reasons I don't like it.

Tonight is the big CEO Chat at Harris. Howard Lance will be doing a 30 minute presentation, and then will open up the floor for Q & A for half an hour. I don't suspect we will be lacking on the questions, but just in case, I have a few up my sleeve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home