Wedding bells are ringing...
Last Thursday night we all took Gary and Paula out to dinner at Grills. We wanted to sit outside, but the weather wasn't cooperating. It was sprinkling just enough to keep us indoors during dinner. But afterwards we were able to enjoy the deck and have a drink. Later that night, we left baby Nicolas with his Grandparents and headed to the Dog N Bone for some darts. Jenn started off playing on a team with her brother Jimmy, but after destroying the actual dart board frame (how she managed to do that with a single dart, I have no idea?), she thought she had better sit out the rest of the night. I forgot to upload pics from this night, so stay tuned for those.
Friday was a fantastic day at Islands of Adventure. Nicolas was really good throughout the whole day, and that allowed for Jenn and I to watch him while Jimmy and Linda rode some rides. Since Jenn and I just got our 2 year season passes, we didn't mind sitting this day out. We also got a nice surprise that night...Nina called and said she was coming home! She didn't make it in until 2am on Saturday morning, but hey, at least she made it!
Saturday it was time to decorate for the wedding. Some white Christmas lights, a butt-load of tulle, and fuchsia roses did the trick. The ceremony was simple, but beautiful. The cake Jill and I made turned out awesome, and was a big hit with everyone. Some photos of the lovely bride and groom for your enjoyment :)

Sunday was recovery day for me. I did a whole lotta nuthin except watch like 3 weeks worth of DVR stuff! I didn't even go to church. It was too daunting of a task to get ready that morning. I had been running nonstop for over 2 weeks now and I needed a break. I did manage to peel myself off the sofa to meet with Michelle around 5pm that night. We had to get our act together on what we will be presenting to the OC this Thursday. We narrowed our recommendations down to just 4 items, and I think these will keep us busy for awhile. #1 - Revisit our Mission Statement, #2 - Make Benchmarks of our progress, #3 - Hold a meeting between out OC and LEAD Brevard, and #4, build a Wisdom Council. I'd say this will give us enough to chew on until February at least.
Monday was Columbus day, and as a Government employee, that means I got the day off! Jenn, Nina, and I were going to go to the beach, but the weather has turned a bit colder in the last week. This morning it was 61F! So we went shopping at Target instead. We all got a nice hooded long sweater coat (different colors, of course) and a few other things. I fell asleep early watching TV and was out for the rest of the night.
Today I am refreshed and wide awake ready for work. The extra day to play catch-up really did me some good. Somehow I hurt my back a bit this weekend (read: driving my car from Target to Starbucks?!)...maybe a pinched nerve or something, so looks like running is out for a bit longer. Not that I have time anyways. I have a FL Today meeting tonight at 5:30, drinks with an old friend scheduled for 6pm on Wed, the ypB OC Mtg. at 5:30 on Thursday, Jill's B-Day on Friday (we'll probably head into Orlando) and the Symphony for Sat night. Whew! Don't get me wrong, I love having a full schedule...I kinda feel like I did back in High School with so many things going on. The school musical, student council, cheerleading, yearbook, science club, etc. I would get to school early and stay late, then head off to a game or something else, not get home til 10pm, then do it all over again the next day. But I was happy this way. Sometimes if you leave me alone with my thoughts, the outcome is not good. It's best to keep me busy and
productive to keep my spirits up...to keep my mind off the fact that I am single, and have been for about 3 years now, and am no closer to having a family of my own. Man, that sucks! And here is a guy playing the world's smallest violin...just for me. Pathetic.
productive to keep my spirits up...to keep my mind off the fact that I am single, and have been for about 3 years now, and am no closer to having a family of my own. Man, that sucks! And here is a guy playing the world's smallest violin...just for me. Pathetic.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home