Dammit, Janet!

Last Friday, Jenn, Jill, Jennifer W., and I attended the midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show put on by the Surfside Playhouse in Cocoa Beach. Man, did it take me back! The last time I did this I was a freshman in college...and that was 10 years ago!! Where does the time go?
I must admit that I was more than a little rusty with the audience participation, but I still had a good time. They sold prop bags at the beginning which included toast, rice, a newspaper, confetti, and cards...all of which are to be hurled across the audience at strategic times throughout the movie.
Jill knew the most out of everyone, mostly because that was her stand-by movie she would play after class during college. I myself have only seen the movie a handful of times...but I was surprised at how much I remembered. Never-the-less, Jill and I have vowed to practice on the audience participation part before we do it again next year, so we can get the full experience. If you've never been, I highly recommend donning your best slutty lingerie, (including you guys out there) and attending a show. It is an experience you won't soon forget!
Saturday night was your typical night out at the Dog N Bone...nothing much happened. A guy I dated last year showed up...that was slightly awkward, since things ended on bad terms.
Sunday was Joel's party down in Indialantic. He is heavily involved in the Vivace Society (the yp group of the Brevard Symphony Orchestra), so he decided to set up a small concert at his place, featuring the conductor of Cirque de Solei. The party started at 4:30 with food and drinks, and then moved onto a movie of Joel's trip to Europe. In my opinion, that was a huge mistake. It was such a downer on the party! I don't know Joel well enough to watch his home movies! I was bored out of my mind! And the movie was like an hour long! Plus, there was no one else there that was really cool to talk to! Jenn, Jill, Grady and I had had about enough, so we skipped out early. Such a shame too, because we didn't get to hear the concert. We headed over to Ichabods and had a drink for about an hour.
After that, Jenn and I headed over to Starbucks and had an interesting conversation about dead babies (morbid, I know, but hear me out). The question at hand involved a stillborn baby. Can you be prosecuted for murder if your baby was stillborn and you dumped it in the trash? Technically, you didn't kill the baby, you just didn't bury it in a coffin like the rest of the world says you should. This then brought on several more questions, like what happens if you parents never told anyone you were born. Say you grew up in a log cabin in Montana. Your mom had you in the cabin, raised you off the land and you never saw anyone else. One day, you decide to move to the city to get a job...but you have no birth certificate, no SSN and no ID. What happens then? Do you even exist? If you don't exist on paper, and someone murders you, can they be prosecuted? I have no idea where to go for these answers, so they are left up here for you all to ponder yourselves.


3 Comments:
At 10:57 AM,
Ibid said…
I think disposing of a stillborn baby in a dumpster would get you charged with at improper disposal of biological or medical waste. That's only if you can convince the judge that it really was stillborn.
If at least one of your parents is still alive we should be able to do a DNA test to prove your ancestry. I doubt you could get a birth certificate, but you should be able to get a Social Security number.
Assuming you're just now rejoining the world because your last parent has just died I think the best approach would be get someone to stumble across your cabin so they think it was their idea. Once they "discover" you and alert the press your story will have legitimacy and ease the procurement of legal documents.
At 1:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
By the sounds of the subject matter of y'alls conversations, I'd say you took my principal prop from the halloween party and toked it to a roach!
As far as your Rocky costums, your all on my desktop....
At 2:58 PM,
Rene' said…
not Louie...Jill says thanks, and she can't wait to see you again...
Post a Comment
<< Home