Radioactive poo...eventually
So this morning I had a follow-up procedure to my Endoscopy one last week. It involved eating radioactive eggs on a slice of bread and drinking apple juice. I can only assume that the eggs came from the radioactive chicken farm they have in the back room.It really was one of the most uncomfortable procedures I've had to date. I had to lay on my back for and hour and a half on a stiff board and not move. Do you have any idea how long 90 minutes is! Because my ass is so huge and protruding, it is hard for me to lay completely flat...I always have that little curve in my lower back that is not resting on anything. By the time I sat up, I could barely curl my back around!
It took awhile for my stomach to start passing the food on, but I think everything might be ok. I won't find out for another 48 hours.
BTW, I really hate it how the doctors always ask if there could be any chance that I am pregnant. I know it's their job and all, and it's a completely valid and necessary question, but it always takes me by surprise, and then upsets me. Not that I wish I were knocked-up or anything...Lord knows I have plenty of opportunity to sleep around if I wanted to. But it upsets me in the way that I'm not the good kind of pregnant...the kind where you have a loving husband at your side. It upsets me that I don't have this, and that I have absolutely no prospect of obtaining this anytime soon. But, alas, the days they keep on passing, and I keep staying single. Woe is me. I am a loser. Pity, pity, pity.
So I didn't update this weekend because I didn't do squat. I had a three day weekend and I wasted it. Jenn and I thought about going up to Universal on Sat, but then we found out their beer-fest was that night, so we decided to fore go the trip...it just gets
waaaaaaay too crowded!We tried going shopping, but didn't find anything. I was just a lazy weekend full of watching crap TV. Wait, I take that back. I did do stuff on Sunday. Jenn and I actually met up with our friend Gretchen for lunch. She is about 6.5 months pregnant now, and glowing as all get-out. The baby is doing great. She's having a shower on Dec 3rd. Later that night, Jill had some old HS friends in town, so we went to dinner at Carrabbas in Merritt Island. It was all going nice and pleasant until her friend started busting out this government conspiracy theory about 9/11. I really had to keep myself from laughing in her face and rolling my eyes at every word. She saw a 90 minutes movie that she says *proves* that our government was behind the whole disaster! Some people are so gullible. I could tell Jill was embarrassed for her.
Last night at least I got off my butt and ran a few miles with Jill and Jenn. The weather was perfect. Tonight Jenn and I are going to see how fast we can finish a 3K. I'm shooting for 20 minutes, but that may be unrealistic? We shall see.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home