All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Run, Forest, Run!

I'm sure you have all read about the successful launch this last Friday of the Delta II GPS 2R-16. Since the launch pad is not far from my building, I get a pretty good personal experience of the launch. The sound and vibrations in my chest are the most impressive accounts to me.

So Jenn had a good idea about what to do on Friday night. Since it has finally cooled off down here, most of our usual outdoor hang-out spots were not doable, and Dog N Bone has become so smoky lately that I can't even stay there for an hour before my eyes start to burn. So we were left with no other alternative than to head to Taps down in Palm Bay. I've said before that the place has changed quite a bit in the past year, but now it's even more unrecognizable...right down to the music choice. Seriously we heard tunes playing on the jukebox ranging from Michael Buble' to some choice oldies to some new rap crap...it was all over the place. The dart boards have moved to the other side of the room, two pool tables have made their way into the main seating area, and they have plans to knock down the dividing wall between the two rooms. The only thing that hasn't changed much is the cheap beer prices and the clientele...so much for the owners trying to class up the joint.

We got bored after awhile and figured that we had enough beer flowing through our veins to keep us warm, so we headed over to Main Street Pub for about an hour. We didn't see too many people that we recognized, and we totally got dissed by an old friend of ours, Charley, that we used to hang out with down at the Sunshoppe Cafe. We think he was with his girlfriend and he didn't want to acknowledge us...what a loser.

Saturday Jenn wasn't feeling her best, so Jill and I headed to Universal Studios for a few rides and shopping. Christmas is around the corner and Auntie Jill had to pick up some toys for all the nephews. Here's a pic of me in my "magic shoes"...Momma said they'd take me anywhere. And there's one of Jill doing her best impression of Hiro form the NBC hit show Heroes when he teleports to NYC for the first time. "Hello New York!"

That night, Jenn, Jill, and I headed out to coffee for a bit before going to see The Prestige starring Christian Bale (drool) and Hugh Jackman. Since I am not a fan of the period flicks, I voted against seeing this one, but I was outnumbered. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Lots of backstabbing and one-upping each other between the two magicians. Plus it had Scarlett Johansson in it looking all sorts of hot...meow!

The next day it was a bit of shopping at Sports Authority and Target. We were mostly looking for some long pants to wear to the 5 K race we were doing later on that night. I found some pants that worked, but they were $30 which was over my limit, so I just stuck with my old holey ones :( I bought a few things at Target, including a small 5 foot Christmas tree. Since Jill has taken over the main tree with her Star Wars and Star Trek ornaments, I bought this secondary tree to put ornaments I like on it. Now I just have to buy ornaments!

It was a bit nippy at the Lightfest 5K that night, but perfect for running. We ended up circling the Wickham Park lake a few times and enjoying all the Christmas lights they had displayed. Jenn did her best time ever and shocked herself. Jill wasn't that far behind, either! Our friend, Grady, came out for his very first run ever and kicked all our asses. Gary and Paula came to watch us and cheer us on, so that was really cool. Carrabbas had a nice meal waiting for us afterwards...chicken marsala, pasta, cesar salad, and dessert!

I'm waiting for the operators to upload some files to my user before I can get started on my work today...which means I will be waiting a very long time. Sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger JGirten said…

    Just wanted to say hi and that I missed seeing you at the Y.
    Happy Holidays

     

Post a Comment

<< Home