Can you please pull this pen out of my eye...
Whew! I’m finally back. After being away from work for 10 days straight, I was surprised I even remembered the door combinations to get into my building, let alone how to do my job. Having your parents down to visit for a week is both a blessing and a curse, as I'm sure most of you can attest to. You miss them terribly when they're not around, and then you can't wait for them to leave when they're finally here. For me, they know just how to press my buttons and make me revert back into a whiny 16 year old. They're like magicians, I swear..."Ladies and gentlemen, for my next trick, I will now turn this independent 29 year old woman into a sniveling teenager." I even gave them an *out* if they wanted to take it too...I said I would take off work on M, W, and F, and go into work on Tu, Th so they could have some time alone...but they didn't bite. I think next time I will insist on it!
This is the Palm tree that came with my parents condo. We borrowed some Christmas lights from Jenn to give it more holiday appeal ;)
I made dinner for everyone on the 19th and we did a gift exchange later that night. We had to do it then because everyone could be there. Nina and Jill left on the 21st, and Gary had to work Wednesday and Thursday night. Everyone had a great time!


Here is my Dad eating the best tasting hot dog in the world. Long Doggers serves a reuben dog, complete with loads of sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and thousand island salad dressing!
I'm still on the lookout for a bike. I did some shopping with my parents, but haven't decided on what I want yet. If I'm gonna spend $300 on a bike, I want to make sure it's what I really want! I was thinking mountain bike at first, but now I'm thinking road bike. I believe the road bikes are more expensive, but that's primarily the surface I will be riding on. I haven't test driven any road bikes yet, but hopefully I will get to it this week.
So the shuttle made it down safely this past
Friday...too bad we were in the movies at the time! Doh! We had timed our movie so we would be outside when it landed and hear the sonic booms, but they ended up landing 1.5 hours later than expected! Well, at least they got down safe and sound. We were watching Night at the Museum starring Ben Stiller. It was cute, but I really thought it would be funnier. Good family movie to take the kids to though.
Remember the new Planet Fitness I was telling you about? Well I stopped by the other day to do a check it out thing, and I actually ended up joining. It was just too good a deal. For a corporate membership it was only $20 to join, and $10/mth after that. They officially open today, so I might stop by after work to try a run or something. We'll see.
Alright, enough for now. I'll write more tomorrow.
And ya, that's right, I said 29 year old. In case you missed it, I had a birthday. I try not to make a big deal out of it these days, because I'm not happy about getting older...at all. In fact, from here on out, I'd just rather everyone forgot about my birthday altogether and just treat it like any other day. No presents, no cards, no phone calls, no going out, no drawing any attention to the fact that another year of my life has passed and I am no closer to the prospect of having my own family. It just so depressing.
So I know it's a little late, but MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, YEA KWANZAA and all the other celebrations that come at this time of year. My Christmas Eve and Day was nice and relaxing...hanging out at Jenn's house playing games, making dinner, opening presents, and watching A Christmas Story about 3 times. I love that movie. Interesting bit of trivia for those that don't know it, Scut Farkus's toady, Grover, played by Yano Anaya, was also the paperboy who kept chasing John Cusack for his "two dollars" in Better Off Dead.
I have a few pics to share with you, so here goes:
Here is all of us at the Jingle Bell 2 Miler. I liked that we got hats to run in, but man was it humid out! My poor Santa hat was practically dripping afterwards! Jenn and Jill gave me my birthday present after the race...they actually found a pair of adult Heely's! I need a little practice on them...maybe I should find a 6 year old for lessons?



This is the Palm tree that came with my parents condo. We borrowed some Christmas lights from Jenn to give it more holiday appeal ;)
I made dinner for everyone on the 19th and we did a gift exchange later that night. We had to do it then because everyone could be there. Nina and Jill left on the 21st, and Gary had to work Wednesday and Thursday night. Everyone had a great time!


Here is my Dad eating the best tasting hot dog in the world. Long Doggers serves a reuben dog, complete with loads of sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and thousand island salad dressing!
I'm still on the lookout for a bike. I did some shopping with my parents, but haven't decided on what I want yet. If I'm gonna spend $300 on a bike, I want to make sure it's what I really want! I was thinking mountain bike at first, but now I'm thinking road bike. I believe the road bikes are more expensive, but that's primarily the surface I will be riding on. I haven't test driven any road bikes yet, but hopefully I will get to it this week.
So the shuttle made it down safely this past
Friday...too bad we were in the movies at the time! Doh! We had timed our movie so we would be outside when it landed and hear the sonic booms, but they ended up landing 1.5 hours later than expected! Well, at least they got down safe and sound. We were watching Night at the Museum starring Ben Stiller. It was cute, but I really thought it would be funnier. Good family movie to take the kids to though.Remember the new Planet Fitness I was telling you about? Well I stopped by the other day to do a check it out thing, and I actually ended up joining. It was just too good a deal. For a corporate membership it was only $20 to join, and $10/mth after that. They officially open today, so I might stop by after work to try a run or something. We'll see.
Alright, enough for now. I'll write more tomorrow.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home