All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I see the light!

A friend of mine, James McBride back at Vanderbilt University, was just featured on the front page of the Tennessean the other day (the one on the right). I'm so thrilled that he and his group have discovered something new that could revolutionize our light bulbs. Congratulations, James, and keep up the good work for the sake of my electric bill!!
Read more about the story HERE.

James is the husband of a girl I was in Grad school with back in the day. Krista and I were the only American girls in physics, so we huddled close. We went to the gym together, shared an office, and did almost all of our homework together. Strangely enough, she and I first met at an internship we held at Ohio State in the summer of '99. Small world indeed! I was in her wedding, she was in mine. Hers stuck, mine didn't...she has a better man than I did, so go figure. She's still in school finishing up soon with her Ph.D. I hear. Someday I will make it back to TN to visit everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home