All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's a free cruise you idiot!! Take it!!

Well, Jill is home. She flew in last night around 9:30pm. Her car is obviously still in Maryland, awaiting it's fate from the insurance company. In the meantime she is driving a soccer Mom mini-van around.
To recap this past weekend, it was Nina's birthday on Thursday. Jenn and I ended up getting her a bunch of Starbucks stuff, courtesy of Marcus's 40% discount :) Since we went out to Tapps to celebrate that night, we decided to keep Friday night low-key. I had just purchased Clerks II at Target the day before, so the girls came over and watched it. It wasn't quite as funny as the first time I saw it, but it was still good. I also thought the bonus features, like the outtakes, would be better, but they kinda sucked :/
Saturday night Nina, Jenn, our new friend Marcia, and I all headed into downtown Orlando for a night of partying. We went to our favorite place, Latitudes. They play the best music, plus it's on the roof and out in the open air which means no smoke filled clothing. It was a really good night...complete with Nina getting a little tipsy and making out with some Norwegian dude. Jenn lost the coin toss and had to drive home...in the thickest fog I have ever seen! Seriously, she white-knuckled the steering wheel the whole hour drive home, but got us all home safely. Thanks Jenn!

Sunday afternoon was Gretchen's baby shower. I finally met her mother and crazy friend Peggy. Man, that chick is like a puppy on acid...she never stops! Gretchen got some really great stuff for little Kai. I got him some knit caps, booties, and sleeper onsies. Jenn and Nina got Gretchen a designer diaper bag and some burping towels shaped like surfboards. For those of you that don't know, the Dad-to-be teaches surf lessons, so it was fitting. Later that night we all took Paula out to dinner at Olive Garden for her birthday. Jenn got her a nice Fossil watch, and Nina and I brought her flowers.

So Jenn bought a car yesterday. Yup, that's right, she bought a new car...a BRAND NEW car, as in a 2007 never been owned new car. It's a Honda CRV in Royal Blue Pearl. It's really nice and it's a total Jenn car. She now has enough room to take the dogs anywhere they need to go, and take her friends out for the evening (wink wink).

So I got an interesting proposition yesterday from one Mr. Alan Rosenberg. For those of you that don't know him/remember me talking about him, he's the 55 year old Jewish Lawyer that is like in love with me. As it turns out, Alan is taking his brother and 3 daughters on a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas over New Years...and it just so happens he has an extra ticket. I was so stunned that he asked me to go, so I told him to give me a day to think it over. So this is what I've come up with:
Pros
1) uh, it's a free 7 day cruise to the Bahamas!!
2) no strings attached (ie. I don't have to hang out with the fam.)
3) I never do anything impulsive or crazy, and this would be a great opportunity for me to throw caution to the wind and just go and have fun.
Cons
1) I've never spent more than an evening with Alan, and this will be spending 7 days with him AND his daughters...it could get real old real quick.
2) I would be staying in the same room with his daughters, and they could hate me and make my life miserable. Plus I don't even know them and I would have to share a bathroom with them for 7 days. What if they take forever to get ready?!
3) Ok, the obvious reason...it's kinda creepy that he asked me to go.
4) If I go it will just fan his flame for me even though I've made it abundantly clear that nothing will EVER happen between us.
5) I feel kinda weird about accepting such lavish gifts from Alan. He always takes me to shows and out to dinner and always pays for everything. I don't want to be known as a gold-digger or anything.
6) Recently, there has been several instances of lots of people getting sick on cruise ships.
7) It would be over New Year's and I already made plans with Jenn to head down to Lauderdale with her to visit Mary Beth.

In the end, the cons far outweighed the pros. I already called Alan and told him I was gonna pass on the trip. He seemed disappointed, but not surprised...after all, it was a shot in the dark for him. I imagine he will keep trying to pry at me little by little until he finds something else that piques his interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home