All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Friday, January 19, 2007

Adam pierces his anus...

Last night I couldn't make it to the gym cause I had a ypB Membership committee meeting that started at 5pm at Pizza Gallery. It was too bad cause I heard they had cake, vege trays and other food! Probably had their grand opening celebration or ribbon cutting ceremony or something. No matter, cause I got free food at the Pizza gallery anyways! If I didn't mention this before, membership committee meeting is my favorite out of all of them. We always finish on time, get what we need accomplished, and still manage to have plenty of time to eat and chat/gossip about our lives. After the membership meeting there was an Emerging Leaders social, and they always have a nice food spread. Emerging Leaders is the YP group of United Way and they mainly focus on doing Meals on Wheels on Saturdays. I feel a tad guilty for going to their socials and not volunteering, but hey, I give to the UW every paycheck!

Man I couldn't get to sleep for the life of me last night! I don't know what it was, but my mind was just racing! One thought led to another, and that thought reminded me of something else and it just spiraled out of control into a full blown worry session about my life. I don't know if it's just me that does this, or if all women have these moments, but they sure suck.

I was holding off on talking about this, because I didn't know what to make of it before, but now I'm going to ask your opinion on it. Tom and I have been on like 4 dates. He has paid for dinners and drinks mostly the whole time. Tom asked me to go on the airboat ride with his group on Monday night. I said it sounds like fun and he said he would give me all the details the next day. So he calls me up, says that we'll be meeting at such and such and carpooling to yadda yadda, and "oh, by the way, it'll be $21 and you need to bring cash". Needless to say I was a little taken aback by this. Mostly because we are dating, he asks me to go and at the time he asks, he mentions nothing of money or it costing me anything. Not that $21 is a problem, but it would be the courteous thing to do when you ask someone to do something that involves them shelling out money to tell them it will cost them money at the time of asking, right?! So wtf?! Adam's take on this is that I'm not putting out, so Tom stopped paying out the dough ::rolleyes:: Jenn's take is that he asked me, but then didn't want me to go, so instead of un-asking me, he tried to make it not attractive by having me pay for myself. I thought that maybe it was a test to see if I would still go out with him somewhere where I have to pay my own way...like maybe he was checking for "gold digger's syndrome" or something. What do you guys think? Keep in mind that in no way did I invite myself to this airboat ride, nor did I insinuate in any way that I wanted to go...he had mentioned the ride a few times and I said "that sounds like a good time for you and your friends". Any of you guys out there ever asked a girl to do something, and then wanted to un-ask her later?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The only time I ever considered taking back an invitation I made to a girl was at the alter...both times!

    -Not Louie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home