Damn you antenna patterns!
So I know it has been longer than usual since my last post, but I can explain. I've actually been really busy with work...no joke. This past week I has been antenna pattern from hell week. It's the first time I ever did it totally on my own (read: no Walt to bail me out if I need help). This translates into a lot of me guessing random fixes for programs that aren't running, and a lot of trial and error that takes forever. I still haven't finished with one part, and rumor has it that Walt will be back tomorrow, so I'm holding out for him because I have tried everything to get this one program to run and I'm all out of ideas?
Anyways, so I had a great date on Friday with Tom. I remember reading his profile a while back (before I joined match) and I really thought we would click well together. The only problem was that I couldn't talk to him because I wasn't a full member. Well all that has changed now. And I was right about us hitting it off! We have a lot in common, like the same
things, have a lot of the same life experiences...and he's cute to boot! (personally, I like the clean shaven look better, but he is currently sporting the goatee). Not only that, but he's only 26 and already has his PhD. in Mechanical Engineering from UF...how impressive is that! Ok, so he's a smarty pants, right? You're probably thinking, "that's great, Rene', but I bet he has the personality of a slug". Untrue, my friend. He's a great conversationalist, knows how to flirt, has great eye contact, and can totally hang...Jenn even gave him the thumbs up! The only downside to him so far is that he is a little eager with the kissing. It's very fast and high school-esque...we'll have to work on that. We're going out again on Thursday night, so I'll let you know what happens!
In the mean time, I have a date tonight with Paul. I don't know much about him except that he is 28 and lives in Viera. He looks like your average Joe, so I hope he's cool. We're having dinner, which means if he's not cool, I will have to sit through an entire meal of agony. (please be cool please be cool please be cool...I've read that crossing your fingers and chanting really helps sometimes).
So I've ridden my bike to the gym for the past two days, and I love it! I'm so happy I got it! Crossing US-1 isn't as bad as I thought it would be, I just really need those bike lights that Kyle got me for Christmas. They're on back-order so they haven't come in yet. Last night I rode home in the dark and it was a tad scary knowing that cars couldn't really see me coming. Good thing I rode most of the way on the sidewalk!
Oh, and I finally made plane reservations to go see my Nashville friends on Feb 9th! It's been three years since I've been back there...it will be weird, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. Ryan is just moving into a new apartment and has offered to let me stay with him, so that will cut down on the costs. It's too bad I will miss Chase...he is leaving on Jan 28th for Germany, so I won't get to see him and his wife before they go. And everyone else has moved away. It's really just Ryan, Krista, and James left, but that is enough for a trip!
And if anyone has read the comment in the previous post, you know that Nina is not coming home for another 5 weeks. Ridiculous. The poor girl was supposed to go out on a short job, come home for a week to chill and repack, and then head back out for the 5 week one. But as it turns out, she didn't get the week home and is being forced to go from the short job right into the long one. She doesn't have any of her DVD's or puzzle books, and she brought only minimal clothes. So she has like 1 day in New Orleans to go clothes shopping and pick up the essential toiletries, and then it's right back on the boat! Again, ridiculous. And they wonder why their attrition rate is so high! Maybe if they wouldn't treat their employees like cattle, they would stay longer! Ya think?!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home