All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The name of the band is COWBOY MOUTH!

So Jenn and I were a bit impulsive yesterday. I felt like blowing off the gym
and doing something fun with my best friend...but what could we do? Go to Olive Garden for dinner? Go shopping? Nope, not this time. We took skipping the gym to the extreme and made a beeline to Ft. Lauderdale for the evening to go see our favorite band live at the Culture Room. That's right 2.5 hours of driving south, and on a school night no less, just to catch a glimpse of Cowboy Mouth! Don't ever say we aren't spontaneous dammit!

The show was fantastic! Fred (drummer) was his usual sweaty and hyperactive self, John Thomas was cool and collected, Sonia was looking great and rocking out, and the newbie to the group, Vance DeGeneres (Ellen's bro.) was keeping up like he had been there the whole time. I loved that they played "Here I sit in prison" and ""How do you tell someone", but they also played a lot from their new CD, which Jenn and I hadn't gotten a chance to listen to yet! Doh! They also didn't play "Hurricane party", but that was understandable since they are from New Orleans and all the destruction they suffered due to last year's hurricane...consequently we were stuck holding a handful of unthrown tootsie rolls :( Whatever, it was a great show, great venue, oh, and did I mention that Jenn and I got in for free! Ya, we just happened to be at the right place at the right time and some dude just gave us his tickets! Score! Not the only score of the evening...I caught an official Fred LeBlanc drumstick that had just been "beaten like he caught it in bed with his ex-girlfriend". Awesome. The only two downfalls of the entire trip was that Nina couldn't be with us (we so miss you!) and the whole getting home at 2:30am stuff...not so fun. Especially considering that I have a full night ahead of me, so no napping!

I have a ypB OC meeting tonight from 5:30-7pm, then I am meeting Tom for dinner at Long Doggers at 7:15pm. I am wicked tired so I may have to shoot some energy drinks my way!

Oh, and before I forget, my date with Paul on Tuesday went craptacular. Man can that boy talk...alot...about himself and how successful and awesome he is. I've said it before and I'll say it again, men please know your audience!! Saying that you work all the time and have to be on call 24/7 for "your people" does not impress a woman! It only makes her think that you will have no time for her, moron! And, guys, you should also be very aware of how much you are hijacking a conversation. Bring a stopwatch if you must. Start it when you begin talking and when that sucker reaches 1.5 minutes, wrap it up and ask her a question! I should've known better...on his profile he uses "quite" when he means "quiet" 3 separate times. I guess he is too important to learn how to spell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home