Skinny sideburns do not rule
Long time, no post. I had MLK Jr. day off on Monday, and then Tues. I couldn't log onto my computer all day because my CAC card was securely tucked away in the confines of my purse...which was not so conveniently sitting at home all ready to go on the coffee table! I felt so naked without my purse all day...no phone, no nail clippers, no chap stick! It was awful. Luckily for me I still had my ID on me from the night before (yes I wore the same pants to work the next day as I did the night before) and I was able to get into CCAFS with a day pass. But it all worked out in the end because at the Visitors badge shack I ran into an old acquaintance that I haven't seen in awhile, JT McCoy. He used to come to ypB, but I haven't seen him around in ages...said he'd been busy with work. A likely story, slacker!
Sat night we all headed up to Redhead's at the Port for some drinks. Tom was bringing his single friend, Ed, out to mingle with us. He wasn't a bad looking guy, per say, but wtf is up with the skinny-ass gay sideburns, dude!? No girl thinks that's sexy! And
he actually has to work pretty hard to get them just so pointy! Save yourself the effort man and just shave them off! I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, because I don't think he was keeping anyone's attention...he ended up leaving early. The night wasn't a total bust because I did get Tom to actually smile for a picture for once!
Sunday Jill and I put up some more shelves in the Garage. I swear we filled the sucker with boxes and Rubbermaid containers, but it didn't make a damn bit of difference...the place is still cluttered with shit. That's basically all I did that day besides sit on my ass and snooze in front of the TV. That night, however, Tom came over and we went out to dinner at Ashley's. I'm glad we did, because not only was my dinner way tasty, but it was a new experience for us both. The place is supposedly haunted, but I think they must give it a rest on Sundays because we didn't see anything ;)
Anyways, this weekend was mildly entertaining. Friday night, Jenn, Jill and I headed to the movies to see Children of Men. It was actually pretty good. I hated the ending, but what else is new? The whole story is about humans in the future who can't conceive children anymore. 20 years has gone by, and not a new birth to be had. Consequently, the world has gone to shit because people think this is the end of human civilization. A ray of hope is found when a lone woman gives birth to a new baby girl. Clive Owen must escape put of London (which has been heavily guarded against immigration/emigration of any kind) and bring the mother and baby to a research lab. My favorite part was the continuous camera shot of the building bombing. Blood splattered on the camera and everything. Then, everything stopped for about 2 minutes when people saw the baby. They just looked at her and stared, and let her pass. It was a really intense moment.
After the movie, we picked up Marcia and headed out to Mojo's in Merritt Island to meet up with some co-workers. We tried to feed a bit of a love connection between Marcia and Johnny D, but I don't think it took :( Shocker! The boy will be single for the rest of his life and I don't think he even cares. So sad.
Sunday Jill and I put up some more shelves in the Garage. I swear we filled the sucker with boxes and Rubbermaid containers, but it didn't make a damn bit of difference...the place is still cluttered with shit. That's basically all I did that day besides sit on my ass and snooze in front of the TV. That night, however, Tom came over and we went out to dinner at Ashley's. I'm glad we did, because not only was my dinner way tasty, but it was a new experience for us both. The place is supposedly haunted, but I think they must give it a rest on Sundays because we didn't see anything ;)
Monday I had a bit more motivation and I trekked my way to The Avenues via my new bike. The ride wasn't bad...sidewalks most of the way. The ride ended up being about 14.5 miles total and took me 45 minutes each leg. Not too shabby.
Tues night Tom had invited me out to an airboat ride that his robotics group had set up. It was ok. The tour guy spent more time looking for silly gators than he did going fast and giving us a good ride.
Well, the only other interesting thing I did this week was go see Cowboy Mouth, again, in Orlando this time. Last night's show totally rivaled the one we saw last week in Lauderdale. And this time we brought the red spoons baby!









1 Comments:
At 12:16 PM,
Ibid said…
Johnny D has his act together. There comes a point where the struggle of dating is no longer worth it. You become happy with your own life and really have no need for anyone else to come screw it up. Don't feel sad for him. He has a life he's happy with. He may eventually find someone worth disturbing his life for but there's no need for him to hunt her down.
Post a Comment
<< Home