All About Me!

Welcome to my website! Here you will find out all about me; ie. what I'm doing, thinking, eating, watching, feeling...you get the drift. And yes, my ego is just big enough to believe that you really care ;)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm back...for a short while, that is...

I'm back baby! And with minimal frostbite, I might add. It was wicked cold in Nashville...especially the morning that I ran the Fangtastic 5K, but we'll get into that later.

Thursday night Ryan picked me up at the airport, and we headed right out to dinner since I was starving. We met up with a friend of his, Nicki. She was extremely nice and friendly...hell, she even paid for my dinner! Turns out she is like a hairstylist for a lot of country stars in the area, like Kenny Chesney and Dierks Bentley...not that Kenny really needs a hairstylist, but I'm sure she works on his band or something. That was the last night I saw her because she was headed off to the Grammy's for the weekend. Lucky!

So off to Ryan's place for the evening's slumber. I remember his dog Kaitlyn fairly well, but what I didn't remember about her was how much she snored! Seriously, she sounded like a 300 pound fat guy. I have no idea how she can even fall asleep at all because he breathing takes so much effort! She so deceiving too because she doesn't even look like she could sound like a freight train!

On Friday I got a chance to head into the Vandy physics building to poke around and talk with some old professors. I've been keeping up with my former advisor's life through his blog, so we chatted briefly about that. My friend Krista is doing biomedical research and I got to hang out with her most of the morning and catch up. I was all set to help her with her research that morning, but her advisor couldn't be found. Rats! Not that I was going to particularly enjoy killing a bunny, but the research is pretty cool, so I was looking forward to seeing Krista in action. Here is a pic of the bunny, pre heart removal. I was going to put up a video of her removing the heart, but was advised that PETA would get all up in arms about the whole thing. They ruin all the fun!

Saturday morning was the 5K race...and it was about 25F outside. Great! Ryan was nice and made me a mushroom and cheese omelet, with a destroyed tangelo on the side. We got there about a half hour before the beginning of the race...just enough time to put on our time chips, take some pics, and get in a good stretch. I was so bundled up in fleece, to keep out the cold, but not long after I started running I started sweating profusely, like always. Hey, I'm an efficient sweater. So I was really hot after that. And running uphill didn't help out with that. I forgot how hilly Nashville was...FL is so flat and I was used to running on that. Despite the hills, I didn't do too bad...I was like 34:30 or something close to that. Ryan totally kicked my ass by a good 4 minutes, like I predicted he would. I think he enjoyed the race and hopefully I have recruited another 5K runner out of it.

That night we headed out to the Gaylord Entertainment Center to watch the best team in the NHL, the Nashville Predators, take on the worst team in the NHL, the LA Kings. Hey, we got a free ticket with or race packet, so why not? Ya, too bad we got our asses handed to us that night, like 4-1!! I still had a good time anyways. The best part of the night, though, was that fact that Ryan and I didn't have seats together, so we just sat down somewhere. We planned on just seat hopping the entire night. But no one kicked us out! And the stadium was packed! So we just happened to pick the two seats where no one was sitting!? Awesome!

Sunday we slept late and met up with Krista and James at the Pancake Pantry for brunch. They have the best hashbrowns! My crepes weren't as good as I remember them though :( The rest of the afternoon was spent packing, surfing the TV, and then watching Ryan lose at intramural basketball. Ok, that's not entirely accurate...I didn't really watch him play...I was on the phone with Jenn the entire time; specifically not watching him play.

Well despite the cold, my weekend in Nashville was actually pretty good. I'm glad I went...it's really been too long.

Tom gets back into town tonight. He was sent to Houston for a few days for an information session on a lunar base...you know, what kind of machinery and robots they need. At least that's what he thought the meeting was about. He called last night and said the meeting was shit...just one guy reading all the printed out slides to everyone. No mention of what the bid would be about, deadlines, criteria, nothing. So basically it was a huge waste of his time. We're going to try to head to a science chat tonight at the Pizza Gallery from 6-8. It's sponsored by my alma mater, FIT, and the Brevard Zoo. Tonight's topic is "The Mysteries of Lightning", led by Joe Dwyer of the Physics and Astronomy Department. It could be cool, it could be lame. Who knows? We'll never know unless we give it a shot, right?

Alright, this is more than enough for today. Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home